From the last few days i have gone through a sleepless nights with my supercranky baby. To my surprise i saw her Pearl like sprouting incisors in the early morning .Being a first time mom that is when i understood that my little girl underwent a lot of discomfort all these days and its going to continue till she gets all her tooth sprouted.So i decided explore and a little bit on teething comfort her and make her teething a less painful experience to her.
When does Baby teeth actually starts?
Anywhere from 6 Months to 12 months(But in some babies as early as 3 Months to as late as 14 Months). Do not forget that every child is unique in her development and it depends upon various factors including Biological,Genetical ,Environmental ,so on…
Here are the common symptoms which you can expect the baby sprouts his teeth very soon.
1.Irritable or super cranky
2.Drooling and Red cheeks
4.Biting their fingers or any hard objects
5. Sleepdifficulties especially at night
6. Earpulling to relieve the pain caused by teething
7.Refusal or uninterested to eat or drink
8.Coughing related to drooling
10.low grade fever or Fever
Of all the symptoms the last two…..Diarrhea and Fever are not considered as the symptom of teething by American Academy of Pediatrics so call doctor in such case with out delay
All together makes a child super cranky
So its easy to try these Home remedies as i believe these are less damaging in many ways than using medicine as this is a natural process to the child.
- DISTRACTION-Never underestimate the power of distracting child it can do wonders.Provide extra cuddling and comfort or involve the baby in some activity (Try any thing which is best for your kid you know better about your child than anyone)
- FOOD& CHEWING-It gives relief to baby be it a sterile cool wash cloth or cold food or press your clean finger on baby gums to relieve the pain(Take care to not to give frozen food or drink it may damage gums).Some physicians wont recommend teethers which may result in malalignment of tooth or teething biscuits which may pose chocking hazard dur ing teething.
- Apply some moisturizer for Rashes.
- Use medicine in case of Fever
- Call doctor if fever and pain persists and Diarrhea persists and seek prescription(No home medication with out doctors prescription)
- STRICTLY AVOID Numbing agents which are dangerous. Author -Sindhu vinay MsN Paed